An ensemble of women promoting and performing music of the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque periods
Join us for our upcoming concert!
WAVE Spring Concert
Todos los Bienes: A Celebration of Music from Medieval & Renaissance Spain
Berkeley, CA 94709
WAVE Concert Covid Protocol
We ask our concert audiences to please observe these community safety protocols:
- Proof of full vaccination (with booster if eligible) and ID will be required for entry.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for audience members and volunteers. We encourage the use of an N95, KN95 or KF94.
- WAVE choir members will be masked when not singing.
- If you feel unwell in any way, please care for yourself and protect your friends by staying home.
WAVE is looking for a new artistic director
Would you like to lead a small group of dedicated singers devoted to early music?
Requirements include experience in the following areas:
- Early music (medieval, Renaissance, Baroque);
- Choral conducting;
- Singing and vocal technique;
- Creating arrangements and/or editions.
We are centered in Berkeley and rehearse on Tuesday evenings. The board is an active working board, so the artistic director must be able to work collaboratively with the board. The candidate must have excellent communication skills.
Please send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating 20 Years of Women's Antique Vocal Ensemble
Women’s Antique Vocal Ensemble was founded by Cindy Beitmen in 1999. WAVE is a chorus of women who are dedicated to the music of the medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque periods. From its inception, WAVE’s mission has been to communicate the heart and soul of this incredibly rich musical heritage with authenticity and excellence. WAVE presents concerts in the greater San Francisco Bay area and also presents public service concerts and outreach programs for those in need. WAVE has performed in hospitals, at senior residences, in support of AIDS research, for the inmates at Santa Rita Jail, and has given concerts to benefit the restoration of California missions.